The Team at MaxNRG Personal Training aim to provide you with weekly healthy recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies and the occasional dessert recipe idea that will not only revive your taste buds but take you a step closer to reaching a leaner, healthier you!
This weeks two new healthy dinner options are:
- SALSA MARINATED STEAK
- SPANISH STEAK
SALSA MARINATED STEAK
RECIPE MAKES 2 SERVINGS
• 2 sirloin steaks (4oz each)
• 1/3 cup salsa
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Make marinade: combine salsa, lime juice, garlic, oregano,
and cumin. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade.
2. Place beef steaks in a re-sealable plastic bag and add remaining
marinade (minus 2 tablespoons), turning to coat.
3. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours
(or overnight), turning occasionally.
4. Cook in a pan or on a grill, brush
with the reserved marinade as it cooks.
PROTEIN : 33g
CARBS : 2g
FAT : 7g
RECIPE MAKES 4 SERVING
• 1 pound beef round steak
• 1 cup sliced onion
• ½ cup chopped celery
• 1 green bell pepper,
sliced in rings
• 2 teaspoons dried parsley
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
• 1 tablespoon mustard
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Put half the onion, celery, and green pepper in slow cooker.
2. Cut steak into serving-size pieces (4oz) and place steak pieces
in slow cooker.
3. Combine parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, tomato
sauce, and remaining half onion, celery, green pepper, and pour
4. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
PROTEIN : 28g
CARBS : 5g
FAT : 7g
To view more of our simple and healthy recipe ideas please visit our Recipe Page.
For more information about how MaxNRG Personal Training can assist you with your diet and fitness needs check out our Nutrition page on our website.