Butt Kicks – Exercise of the Week
The Butt-kicks exercise is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- Butt Kicks are performed just as the name implies – by literally kicking your butt with your foot.
- Raise your heel as close as possible to your butt, using a fast leg movement on the balls of the feet .
- Drive the knee up and bring the heel to the underside of the backside and the thigh parallel with the ground
- Perform this exercise whilst slowly jogging forward but concentrate on moving your legs as fast as possible without increasing the speed your moving forward with.
- Alternate legs until you have jogged 15-20m and then turn around and repeat the exercise until you are back at the starting position
(Click each image for a larger view)
MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia. So if you are looking for Moonee Ponds personal trainer in your area that is professional and an expert in the personal trainer field give MaxNRG a call.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278
our local personal trainers in Moonee Ponds, Victoria >>