The Team at MaxNRG Personal Training aim to provide you with weekly healthy recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies and the occasional dessert recipe idea that will not only revive your taste buds but take you a step closer to reaching a leaner, healthier you!
This weeks two new Soup meals options are:
- Chilli Soup
- Pot Roast
2 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
1 head Garlic, peeled and chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 Green Bell Peppers, seeded, chopped
3.5 lb Beef Rump Roast, cubed
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Chipotle Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cumin
30 oz Fire Roasted Tomato
6 oz Tomato Paste
1. Rinse and chop the onion and peppers.
2. Peel the garlic and give it a rough chop.
3. Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
4. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion starts to turn translucent.
5. Transfer to a large soup pot.
6. Sauté the peppers for 3–5 minutes to give a slight char.
7. Add to large soup pot.
8. Add remaining 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to skillet and sear the cubed meat,
approximately 5 minutes.
9. Add to large soup pot.
10. Add seasonings and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring the beef through
the peppers and the onion.
11. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, continue to stir until the tomato paste
dissolves into the chili.
12. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3–4 hours.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours } Total Time: 4 hours
[ Serves 6 ]
1 Onion, cut into chunks
1 Tbsp Salt and Pepper
2 cup Beef Broth
2 Parsnip, peeled and cut into chunks
3 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
5 Raw Carrot, Organic, peeled & sliced
5 Turnips, quartered
1 sprig Fresh Thyme
1 sprig Sage
5 cloves Garlic
1 Bay Leaf
1. Rinse and chop all vegetables.
2. Place vegetables to cover the bottom of a crock pot dish.
3. Place chuck roast on top of vegetables, and place remainder of vegetables around
4. Pour in two cups of beef broth, and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
5. Place lid on crock pot, and cook on low for 6–8 hours.
6. About 1–2 hours before finishing, place bouquet garni into the crock pot and
continue to cook on low.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours } Total Time: 6-8 hours
[ Serves 6 ]
To view more of our simple and healthy recipe ideas please visit our Recipe Page.
For more information about how MaxNRG Personal Training can assist you with your diet and fitness needs check out our Nutrition page on our website.