The Team at MaxNRG Personal Training aim to provide you with weekly healthy recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies and the occasional dessert recipe idea that will not only revive your taste buds but take you a step closer to reaching a leaner, healthier you!
This weeks two new side dish options are:
- Bacon & Eggs
- Breakie Burrito
1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 tsp Chives , chopped
1. Rinse cauliflower under cool water.
2. Trim florets from the base of the cauliflower.
3. Place a steamer basket in a large soup pot and fill the bottom of the pot with
4. Place cauliflower florets into the steamer basket, cover with a lid and turn burner
onto medium heat.
5. Steam cauliflower until fork tender.
6. About 10-15 minutes.
7. Place steamed cauliflower into a food processor or high speed blender.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil.
10. Puree until smooth, and serve.
11. Garnish with chopped chives.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes } Total Time: 25 minutes
[ Serves 4 ]
1 lb Asparagus
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rinse asparagus under cold water.
3. Grasp asparagus spears near the tip and base. Bend tips together until spears
naturally snap.. Discard bottom portions.
4. Toss asparagus spears with melted coconut oil.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Lay asparagus on grill across the grill/pan
7. Grill for 5 minutes, rolling occasionally to cook evenly.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes } Total Time: 15 minutes
[ Serves 2 ]
To view more of our simple and healthy recipe ideas please visit our Recipe Page.
For more information about how MaxNRG Personal Training can assist you with your diet and fitness needs check out our Nutrition page on our website.