The Team at MaxNRG Personal Training aim to provide you with weekly healthy recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies and the occasional dessert recipe idea that will not only revive your taste buds but take you a step closer to reaching a leaner, healthier you!
This weeks two new healthy lunch options are:
- SPICY PEANUT CHICKEN
- SUPER SPICY CITRUS CHICKEN
SPICY PEANUT CHICKEN
RECIPE MAKES 4 SERVINGS
• 4 boneless, skinless
chicken breasts (4oz each)
• 2 tablespoons raw peanuts
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons peanut oil
• ½ onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons natural peanut
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ fresh jalapeño, sliced
1. On a saucer or plate, stir the cumin and cinnamon together and
then rub into both sides of chicken breasts. Put the oil in a heavy
pan over medium heat and add the chicken and sliced onion.
Brown the chicken a bit on both sides.
2. While that’s happening, put all the liquid in a blender or food
processor along with the peanut butter, lemon juice, garlic, and
jalapeño. Blend until smooth (tip: wash your hands after handling
3. Pour this rather thick sauce over the chicken (after turning the
chicken) and cover. Turn the heat to low, and let it cook for 10 to
15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
PROTEIN : 30g
CARBS : 4g
FAT : 13g
SPICY CITRUS CHICKEN
RECIPE MAKES 4 SERVINGS
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken
breasts (4oz each)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
• 2 teaspoons grated ginger
• ½ teaspoon natural honey
• Pinch of stevia
• 2 scallions, finely sliced
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Sauté the chicken in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cover
the pan and tilt the lid.
2. While it’s sautéing, mix together the lemon juice, red pepper
flakes, ginger, stevia and honey.
3. After the chicken has turned golden on both sides (about 4 to
5 minutes per side), pour the lime juice mixture into the pan.
Turn the breasts over to coat both sides. Sauté for another 2 to
3 minutes on each side and move the chicken to serving plates.
Scrape the liquid from the pan over the chicken.
4. Scatter sliced scallions and chopped cilantro
over each portion and serve.
PROTEIN : 27g
CARBS : 3g
FAT : 6g
To view more of our simple and healthy recipe ideas please visit our Recipe Page.
For more information about how MaxNRG Personal Training can assist you with your diet and fitness needs check out our Nutrition page on our website.