The Team at MaxNRG Personal Training aim to provide you with weekly healthy recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies and the occasional dessert recipe idea that will not only revive your taste buds but take you a step closer to reaching a leaner, healthier you!
This weeks two healthy lunch options are:
- WHOLE WHEAT VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
- VEGETARIAN FRITTATA
WHOLE WHEAT VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
RECIPE MAKES 10 SERVINGS
• 1 pack whole wheat lasagne
noodles, cooked slightly
• 3 cups raw spinach
• ½ cup low fat parmesan cheese
• 3 eggs
• 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
• 3 cups healthy tomato pasta
• 3 cups low-fat mozzarella
1. Pre-heat oven to 25oC. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs; add cottage cheese
and Parmesan cheese. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Put one layer of slightly cooked lasagna noodles flat across the bottom of the
baking dish. Add ½ the leaf spinach, pressing down lightly and evenly over noodles.
Top with another layer of lasagna noodles. Top this layer of noodles with the cottage
cheese mixture; add the remaining spinach. Then add the last of the lasagna
noodles laid evenly on top of spinach. Spread pasta sauce evenly over the top;
sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Press down lightly.
3. Cover baking dish with foil, using foil sprayed with cooking spray and keeping
foil off the center of the lasagna. Secure sides tightly over baking dish.
4. Bake about 1 hour 15 minutes in oven. To lightly brown the top, remove foil
for a few minutes at the end of baking time.
5. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
PROTEIN : 33g
CARBS : 33g
FAT : 12g
RECIPE MAKES 1 SERVING
• 1 egg
• 3 egg whites
• ¼ cup shredded low fat
• ¼ cup grated low fat parmesan
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
• 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
• 1/3 cup tomato, chopped
• ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven at 350C. In a frying pan with an ovenproof handle
heat the oil and saute onion, zucchini, garlic and green bell
pepper over medium-high heat until vegetables tender.
2. Then add the tomatoes and sweet potatoes, stirring gently
to combine with the other ingredients. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs with the oregano, and cayenne. When all the
vegetables are cooked, pour the eggs over them.
4. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and cook gently
over low heat until the eggs are almost set.
5. Bake until eggs are set and sides are “puffy”, about 25 minutes.
PROTEIN : 30g
CARBS : 6g
FAT : 11g
To view more of our simple and healthy recipe ideas please visit our Recipe Page.
For more information about how MaxNRG Personal Training can assist you with your diet and fitness needs check out our Nutrition page on our website.