Walking Pull Back Butt Kicks – Exercise of the Week
The walking butt-kick pulls is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- This exercise is similar to the Butt Kicks exercise except that we are slowing the action down to a walk and adding in a further dynamic stretch.
- First take a step and then raise your heel as close as possible to your butt.
- Once your heel is as close as you can lift it by itself, grab your foot with one of your hands and pull the heel closer to your butt which will increase the stretch to your quadriceps (your thigh)
- Pause briefly at the top of the stretch and then return the foot back towards the starting position whilst taking a step forward.
- Repeat the action on your opposite leg, and alternate legs until you have walked 15-20m
(Click each image for a larger view)
MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia. Let our local Essendon personal trainers train you with the latest research and expert knowledge available in the health and fitness industry.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
view our local personal trainer info >>
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278