Lateral Squat Shuffle – Exercise of the Week
The Lateral Squat Shuffle is an exercise that focuses on stretching the lower body. This exercise is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and turned out to roughly 45 degrees.
- Bend into a squat with your knees over your ankles
- From that position, step out with your left foot, keeping your knees bent in the squat position.
- Take a step with your right foot to return to start and continuing walking sideways for 15-20m before returning to the start but facing in the same direction.
- View the images and video below to see this warm up exercise in action.
(Click each image for a larger view)
If you want an experienced personal trainer in Tullamarine, give MaxNRG a call. MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
Personal trainers in Tullamarine, Victoria >>
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278