High Knee Pulls – Exercise of the Week
The High Knee Pull exercise is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- This exercise is similar to the Running High Knees exercise except that we are slowing the action down to a walk and adding in a further dynamic stretch.
- The purpose of the high knee pulls is to stretch the gluets, quads, lower back and shoulders.
- Perform this exercise by walking in an upright position and stay on the balls of your feet.
- Drive your knees up as high as possible, and then grab your knee to pull the knee as high as possible without leaning backwards.
- Hold the stretch for a moment before returning the leg back down and swapping legs.
(Click each image for a larger view)
If you live in the Niddrie area and are want an expert personal trainer give us a call. MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of personal trainers in Niddrie who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
our local personal trainers in Niddrie, Victoria >>
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278