High Knee Pull Foot Up + In – Exercise of the Week
The High Knee Pull Foot Up + In exercise is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- This exercise is similar to the High Knee Pulls exercise except that we are slowing the action down to a walk and adding in a further dynamic stretch .
- The purpose of the high knee pull foot up + in is to stretch the gluets, quads, lower back and shoulders but also add a stretch of piriformis muscle which is responsible for lateral rotation of the hip.
- Perform this exercise by walking in an upright position and stay on the balls of your feet.
- Drive your knees up as high as possible, and then grab your ankle and foot and pull your foot up and in without leaning backwards.
- Hold the stretch for a moment before returning the leg back down and swapping legs View the images and video below to see this warm up exercise in action.
(Click each image for a larger view)
If you live in the North Western Suburbs of Melbourne and are looking for an expert personal trainer, give MaxNRG a call. MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278
personal trainers in Melbourne, Victoria >>