- Lay on your back on a mat or towel, feet flat on the floor, knees bent, arms crossed over chest
- In our example below David has one leg straight to help maintain a neutral spine during the exercise which can help people that suffer lower back pain when performing ab curls
- Slowly raise your shoulders off the floor, moving them towards your knees.
- Unlike a sit-up your ower back should not leave the floor.
- Pick a spot the ceiling to concentrate on and keep your neck in a neutral relaxed position.
- Once your shoulder blades are off the ground then slowly lower yourself back down again.
For more abdominal exercise variations and other great exercises, visit the ‘MaxNRG Exercise of the Week‘ page or check out or Exercise Video Library