Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat (RFESS) – Exercise of the Week
The rear foot elevated split spot often also be referred to as the Bulgarian Split Squat.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place your back foot up on a bench and have your front foot slightly further forward than you would with have if you were take a normal step forward
- Contract your glutes, brace your abs and keep your spine is straight
- Lower your body until your front thigh is parallel to the ground
- Keep your upper body upright and your lower back flat
- Push up to the upright position staying in the split-squat stance
- Do not let let your knee touch the ground
- Repeat for one leg and then switch.