High Skips – Exercise of the Week
The High Skips exercise is a dynamic stretching exercise you can use before each of your workouts. Dynamic stretching is used to increase the range of movement, blood and oxygen flow to soft tissues prior to exertion and helps reduce the chances of injury.
- This exercise is used to not only warm-up but to develop correct leg and foot action in preparation for the foot strike with sprinting.
- The purpose of the high skip is to prepare the body for explosive running and sprinting.
- Perform this exercise by doing an explosive, exaggerated skip while emphasizing height rather than distance.
- Emphasize a big arm swing and explosive knee lift.
- View the images and video below to see this warm up exercise in action.
(Click each image for a larger view)
If you live in the North Western Suburbs and are looking for an expert personal trainer, give MaxNRG a call. MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available anywhere in Australia.
To learn more about how we can help you, simply fill out our easy online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
MaxNRG Personal Training
16 Sherbourne Road, Gladstone Park VIC 3043
0403 741 278
our local personal trainers in Melbourne, Victoria >>