[vc_row el_position=”first last”] [vc_column width=”2/3″] [vc_column_text el_position=”first last”]
Welcome to MaxNRG Fitness Tests and Evaluations
What Is a Fitness Test?
Fitness tests, often referred to as fitness evaluations or fitness assessments, involve a series of measurements that help determine the health status and physical fitness of an individual.There are an endless number of possible tests and measurements that trainers and coaches can use to measure your baseline fitness level. Depending on what your health and fitness goals are there are plenty of specific tests you can use to measure the effectiveness of your current workout routine.
Why Have a Fitness Test?
- assess your current fitness level
- help identify fitness goals, interests and motivation for exercising
- determine any current health conditions, risks or limitations
- identify appropriate training options
- track your progress and evaluate program success
- to create a one-on-one relationship and establish appropriate expectations for both the client and the fitness trainer
Quick Overview of the Common Components of Fitness Tests
- Health History & Medical Screening
- Review your medical history and, if necessary, get your doctor’s OK to exercise (or at least understand your exercise limitations)
- Body Composition
- Body composition describes the different components (muscles, bone, fat) that make up a person’s total body weight.
- Cardiovascular Endurance
- Cardiovascular endurance testing measures how efficiently the heart and lungs work together to supply oxygen and energy to the body during physical activity.
- Strength and Muscular Endurance
- Muscle strength testing measures the maximal amount of force a muscle group can exert at one time, and muscular endurance testing measures the length of time a muscle group can contract before it fatigues.
- Flexibility Testing
- Measuring the flexibility or range of motion in certain joints of the body is helpful in assessing muscle weakness, injury and imbalances.
- Speed Drills and Agility Tests
- Measuring the time taken to complete certain short courses and aiming for the quickest time possible
What are the benefits of testing?
The results from tests can be used to:
- predict your future performance
- indicate your weaknesses
- measure your improvement
- enable your trainer to assess the success of the training program
- motivate the client
Tests additionally break up and add variety to a fitness training program.
Fitness Tests and Evaluations
From anaerobic threshold to body composition, here are only a handful of some of the fitness tests and evaluations that you can use to help measure your current fitness levels and progress. This list is currently still being compiled by the MaxNRG Personal Training team with new tests planned to be added regularly.
The Most Popular Fitness Tests Performed
- Beep Test / 20m Multi-Stage Shuttle Run
- Push-up Test
- Sprint Test
- Sit-up Test
- Bruce Test
- Illinois Agility
- Sit and Reach
- Handgrip Strength
- Vertical Jump
A number of these test listed above are used by the Emergency Services as the fitness testing requirements that are used before you can be accepted into any of these organisations in Australia.
Need more help?
If you are unable to find the information you are looking for and would like to know more about conducting fitness test and evaluations then please fill out our quick enquiry form at the bottom of the page or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
MaxNRG Personal Training is a mobile personal trainer company in Melbourne, VICTORIA. All our fitness trainers are highly qualified and are the types of trainers who are willing to go above and beyond to be excellent and truly help people reach their fitness and exercise goals. Our goal is provide the best personal training services available in Australia.
To learn more about how we can help you achieve your health and fitness goals, simply fill out our online contact form or call us on 0403-741-278 and a member of our personal training team will discuss how we can provide the best possible support for you to succeed.
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [vc_column el_position=”last” width=”1/3″] [vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-10″ el_position=”first last”] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]